- The night before your appointment: Be sure to get plenty of rest and avoid any heavy drinking. Even if you’re not hungover, your blood will be thinner as a result, which will lead to more bleeding. Plus, you’ll have a harder time sitting for your session.
- The day of your appointment: Be sure to eat before you come in for your session and drink plenty of water. This will help keep you from getting lightheaded and will allow you to sit longer, and more comfortably, while you’re being tattooed.
- Got any allergies? If you have a history of skin disease, allergic reactions to pigments, dyes or latex, or other skin sensitivities, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Dress to provide access: Consider where you’re getting tattooed when you decide what to wear on the day of your session. Make sure to either have something on that will allow us to easily get to your skin, or bring a change of clothing with you.
- Changed your mind about your design? Please notify Get Fat Brooklyn at least 48 hours prior to your appointment to ensure your artist has time to prepare the drawing for your tattoo session. (Note: If your change is drastically different from the original design, we may need to reschedule your appointment, even if you let us know 48 hours ahead of time.
- Want to bring a friend to sit with you? Feel free to invite one friend for moral support during your session, but remember: to give you the best tattoo, we’ll need you to sit very still. So, if you tend to talk with your hands or your pal’s really funny, you may want to reconsider. All guests must remain in the front waiting area.
- Need to cancel your appointment? Be sure to give us a minimum of 48-hours notice if you need to cancel your session. Otherwise, you will forfeit your current deposit and we will require you come in to pay another one before any future sessions.
- Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time: The calendar at Get Fat is pretty hectic so arriving too early can interrupt a previous appointment and actually end up cutting into your own time.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE! If you are visibly sick when you come in for your appointment, you WILL NOT be tattooed that day. If you are sick in the days leading up to, or on the day of your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible and we will work with you to reschedule your session in a timely manner.